High Paying Jobs In Canada That Don’t Need A Degree-The government of Canada has made immigration the way forward to help bring in foreign workers to fill up the work spaces in the country. The country has created so many immigration programs and work permit programs and through them, foreigners can come to Canada and work.
So it doesn’t matter whether you have a degree or not, there are so many job opportunities for you and in this article, we will be discussing about the high paying jobs in Canada that do not need a degree.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
Top 5 Jobs In Canada Where You Don’t Need A Degree
1. Construction Manager
There are some companies that might need a bachelor degree for this job, and there are other companies that may only need previous on-the-job experience.
A construction worker in Canada could earn an annual average salary of $101,273.
With a high school diploma and a four to five year apprenticeship, you could work as a plumber in Canada.
However, some provinces in Canada require a certificate, while some others like Newfoundland & Labrador, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon do not require a certificate.
As a plumber in Canada, you could earn an annual average salary of about $75,685.
3. Real estate agent
All a real estate agent or realtor in Canada might need is just a high school diploma and also complete a real estate training course to work in Canada. A real estate agent or realtor will also need to obtain a license to sell properties in Canada.
A real estate agent in Canada could earn an annual average of about $73,756 to $75,985.
As a mechanic in Canada, you would just need a high school diploma although some companies may require certification.
A mechanic working in Canada could earn an annual average salary of $72,674.
As a welder in Canada, you just need a high school diploma to work in Canada, although some companies may require a certification.
A welder in Canada could earn an annual average of $62,784.
How To Immigrate To Canada Without A Degree
Now that you have seen some of the high paying jobs in Canada that don’t need a degree, we will now be looking at some of the immigration programs and work permit programs that do not require a degree.
There are more than a 100 immigration programs and visas available and it may not be easy to make a choice easily. In this section we will be showing you the best immigration programs for you
1. Express Entry System
This immigration program is one of the fastest and easiest programs and was designed to help Canada fill up it work spaces and contribute to the country’s economy. If you have a skill, qualification or work experience and you want to contribute to the growth of the country and its economy, you can apply through the Express Entry program.
Through this immigration programs you can get permanent residence in Canada and it takes a processing time of just six months.
There are three immigration streams under this program and they are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Out of these immigration streams under the Express Entry system, the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) does not require a degree and also the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
· Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
The FSTP is created to help foreign trade workers who have acquired some experience in some eligible trade occupations that are highly demanded in Canada to come to the country and help contribute to its economy.
If you have a successful application, then you stand a chance to get permanent residence in Canada.
So if you don’t have a degree but you have a trade skill and you wish to immigrate to Canada, this is the pathway for you.
Requirements For The FSTP
Below are some of the requirements for the program:
- You must have a valid full-time job offer from an employer in Canada for a period of at least one year or have a certificate of qualification from a provincial, territorial or federal governing body.
- You must have language proficiency score in English or French measured by the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique Canadiens (NCLC).
- You must have at least two-year full-time work experience within the last 5 years.
- You must prove that you meet the job requirements of your skilled trade.
- You must prove that you are financially capable enough for you and your family to settle in Canada except you have a valid job offer or can legally work in Canada.
- You must prove that you have experience performing the duties of the occupational description in the NOC.
Foreigners can also immigrate to Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
· Canadian Experience Class
If you have gained some work experience in Canada, this is one program you could go through to immigrate to Canada.
The CEC is meant for foreigners who are applying for permanent residency in Canada and who have gained work experience by working in Canada through a temporary work permit.
Requirements for the CEC
If you want to be eligible for the program, then you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a work experience, and it must be full-time
- Your work experience must be legally gotten in Canada
- Your work experience must come from jobs defined by the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) as level 0, A, or B
- There are no necessary educational qualifications needed for this program but having one will definitely increase your Express Entry score.
- The language requirements are:
- You must undergo an approved language proficiency test for writing, listening, reading and speaking.
- You must reach the minimum language requirement of Canadian language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs.
- Lastly, you must have no criminal record.
2. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
This program is designed to help share the benefits of immigration among the provinces in Canada and there are 11 participating provinces in Canada that have their own PNPs.
Each participating provinces are to set their own requirements for the program so as to meet the economic needs of the province.
Applicants can be eligible to get permanent residence in Canada through this program. You just have to decide the province you would like to live and work in Canada or if you have a valid job offer from an employer in that province, you can apply for immigration to Canada through this program.
There are 11 participating provinces in Canada and their PNPs are:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NW PNP)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP)
- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
How To Apply For Canadian Work Visa Without A Degree
If you won’t be moving to Canada permanently but will be working there for some time, then you can apply for a work permit. There are available programs through which you can get work permit in Canada. Let’s look at some work permit available in Canada.
There are two types of work permits in Canada and they are:
- The open work permit
- The employer-specific work permit
1. The Open Work Permit
With this work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada in any province and any job position.
2. The Employer-Specific Work Permit
This work permit doesn’t allow you to work for different employers in Canada but you will be limited to work for a particular employer and also in a particular province in Canada. For you to get the employer-specific work permit, you will need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which will prove that there is a need to hire a foreign worker to fill up a job space since there is no available Canadian citizen or permanent resident to fill up the job position.
The program through which you can get the employer-specific work permit is: Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
This program is designed to help employers in Canada hire foreign skilled workers for different jobs. The employers will need to get a LMIA before hiring the foreign worker as this is to prove that there is a need to hire foreign worker to come fill up the job position.
While as a foreigner you will need to submit a copy of the LMIA or the LMIA number together with your work permit application.
There are some streams under the TFWP which are:
- Agricultural Worker stream
- Global Talent Stream (GTS)
- Home Care Provider Stream
Some of the documents you will need to submit together with your documents are:
- A valid job offer letter
- A Valid passport
- A Copy of a positive LMIA or LMIA number
- Proof that you meet the requirements of the job offer
- Proof of you language proficiency test results in English or French
- Proof that you are financially capable enough to take care of yourself and any accompanying family members during your stay, and to return home
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get a good job without a degree in Canada?
Yes. Although a good number of professional-level jobs in Canada will need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, candidates that do not have a degree can still get a work visa provided they acquire the skills, experience, education, language; and meet the company’s job requirements.
2. What jobs pay the most but don’t require a degree?
High paying jobs that may not require a degree:
- Air Traffic Controller
- Elevator Installer and Repairer
- Nuclear Technician
- Web Developer
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers/Cardiovascular Technologists
- Aerospace Technician
- Police Officers and Detectives
With all we have said so far in this article, you will realize that you can immigrate to Canada and work even without having a degree. There are so many job opportunities for you in Canada and whether you have a degree or not, you can immigrate to Canada in 2023. Just make sure you carefully read through this post and the job you want to apply for must be in-demand in Canada, and you must meet the eligibility requirements for the immigration program you will be applying for.
jobillico.com -High Paying Jobs in Canada that dont Require a University Degree
globalnews.ca – Top Paying Jobs Without University Degree in Canada
moneysense.ca -10 High Paying Jobs that don’t Require a Degree