Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship-It may interest you to know that truck driving is among the highly needed jobs in Canada. So if you are interested foreign truck driver this is the best time to immigrate to Canada?
Moving to Canada has become a lot easier now and this is as a result of Canada being one of the countries with very straight forward and easy immigration policies. Also the Canadian government has a goal of welcoming more than 400,000 immigrants to the country this year so as to meet up with the 1.3 million targets according to the Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024.
Now that the Canadian borders are open to immigrants, it is an opportunity for you to immigrate to Canada as a truck driver, provided you meet the necessary requirements.
In recent research, it was discovered that the trucking industry in Canada will have about 48,000 fewer long-haul truck drivers by 2024 which has led to a demand for more truck drivers in the country.
Now in this article, we will be giving you all the information you need about Canadian Immigration Programs for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in Canada, in this post you will also see some other immigration programs through which you could immigrate to Canada as a truck driver.
Truck Drivers In Canada
Truck driving is the conveying of goods and services from the manufactures to the demanded locations. However, there are different types of truck driving in Canada and they include the long haul truck driver and short haul truck driver.
Truck drivers in Canada, could earn up to $52,034 to $68,293 per year.
Duties of Truck Drivers In Canada?
As a truck driver in Canada, here are some of the things you will be doing:
- Conveying goods to customers
- Keep record of cargo deliveries
- Give report of road incidents to the dispatcher
- Adhere to accidents procedures
- Keep an activities log and log hours
- Examine trucks and records issues
- Refuel and maintain truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Adhere to traffic laws
Skills You Should Possess To Work As A Truck Driver In Canada
There are certain skills you must have if you want to get a truck driving job with visa sponsorship in Canada, and they include:
- Truck drivers must be able to operate and drive straight to deliver goods
- Truck drivers must be able to guarantee the safety and security of cargo
- Truck drivers must have the ability to plan trip routes and schedules
- Truck drivers must be able to get information and relay it to the central dispatcher
- Truck drivers must be able to inspect the condition of the truck and examine the tires, brakes, cold storage, lights and other compartments.
How to Get Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In Canada
Here, we will be looking at the Immigration programs in Canada through which foreign truck drivers can get visa sponsorship to come work in Canada as a truck driver.
Immigration Programs For Truck Driving Jobs with Visa Sponsorship In Canada
There are some immigration and visa programs in Canada through which you can follow to get truck driver jobs and immigrate to Canada.
We will be looking at the Provincial Nominee Programs in Canada where you can get visa sponsorship as a truck driver.
1. Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)
Truck driving is becoming one of the most demanded jobs in Ontario because it is contributing greatly to boosting the economy of the province. Being a major mode of transportation in the province, it is used to convey goods from one location to another within cities in province.
It has been estimated that there will be a shortage of truck drivers in Ontario in years to come. Certainly, these shortages will have a negative impact in the economy of the province and the country all together. For this reason, there is now an increase in the employment of truck drivers in Ontario.
Now the Ontario’s Trucking Association has added truck driving in the list of occupations highly demanded in the province. As a result of these changes made, the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) has allowed the province establish its own way to meet its immigration needs and requirements.
To get nominated to immigrate to Canada through the OINP, you must have a valid job offer from an employer in Ontario.
2. British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
For you to be eligible to apply for nomination under this program, you will be required to work full-time for your employer for nine months. During this period, there are certain requirements you must meet for you to be sponsored:
- You must meet the minimum language and education requirements. Canadian Language Benchmark test level 4 and any degree equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma.
- You must be qualified to do the job offered to you
- A legal immigration status in Canada will be required, which means that your temporary foreign work permit must be valid
- Your salary must be in line with the BC wage rates for the occupation which is about $25 per hour.
- You must prove that you are capable of supporting yourself and any family member that will be coming with you to Canada even if no one is coming. You can make use of pay checks or bank statement.
- Your employer must meet the eligibility requirements, willing and ready to support your application. They will require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
3. Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
Nova Scotia is one of the Atlantic Provinces in Canada and has the most population. It is the most industrious province in the region. Truck driving is a major contributor to the economy of the province.
If you want to apply for this program, then you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a permanent job offer from an employer in Nova Scotia in either NOC 3413 or NOC 7511, and it must be full-time.
- You must have at least one-year of work experience
- The age requirement is 21 to 55 years of age
- You must have the necessary training, skills and accreditation for the job
- You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent
- You must show that you are financially stable enough to settle in the province
- You must prove your language proficiency in English or French
- If you are looking for truck driving jobs as a foreigner in Canada, then this is a great province to immigrate to.
For you to become a permanent resident in Canada, you can go through the Atlantic Immigration Program but it will require a job offer from an employer in any of the Atlantic Provinces in Canada (Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland & Labrador).
4. New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
This program allows truck drivers to immigrate to Canada through the Skilled Worker Stream. The province offers permanent residency to foreigners who meet the eligibility requirements and have a job offer from an employer in the province.
In this province a long-haul truck driver could earn up to $40,000 to $70,204 in Canadian dollar per year.
5. Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
This is another great program through which immigrants can Immigrate to Canada especially truck drivers. Through this program truck driving companies can bring qualified truck drivers to the province and to qualify for this program, it is required that truck drivers start working for an approved truck driving company in the province as a temporary foreign worker.
You can apply to the SINP for permanent residency after the approved truck driving firm has offered you a permanent employment as a truck driver and this would be at least after six months.
Your employer must get a permit from The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which must be based on positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) proving that there is no Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada available to fill up the job space and which led to the necessity to hire a foreigner to fill that job space.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Canada hire foreign truck drivers?
Yes. Since there are lots of truck driving companies in Canada, the Canadian government is open to accepting truck drivers from all parts of the world, provided you meet the necessary requirements. Truck drivers are among the highly demanded jobs in Canada.
2. Which province is best for truck drivers?
Quebec is the best province in Canada for truck driving job opportunities. According to immigration.ca, there are about 837 job ads currently.
It is not news that Canada is one of the best countries in the world to immigrate and because of the target of the country to welcome more than 400,000 new immigrants, you stand a good chance to immigrate to Canada with a good job offer. I advise you apply as soon as you can because this is an open opportunity for every interested foreigner.
With this detailed information we’ve given, you are one step ahead in making your dreams a reality, just pick the province you will like to live and work in, then select the best immigration program for you, which must be based on your eligibility status, then you can begin and submit your application.
I advise you carefully follow the right process during your application because the slightest mistake could affect your whole application success. Goodluck!
Canadianvisa.org – How to Immigrate to Canada as a Truck Driver
Emigratecanada.com – Immigrate to Canada as a Transport Truck Driver
Immigration.ca – long-haul Truck Drivers in high Demand for Canada Immigration
Eldmandate.biz – Trucking in Canada