Goodnews! The University of Miami scholarship is currently open. The university is one of the prestigious universities in the United State, located at Coral Gables, Florida. Extracurricular activities, diverse academic programs and cultural lifestyle are available for students. You might be eligible for their merit based scholarship, which is available for undergraduate studies who have shown interest in furthering their education. In this article, types of scholarship offered, how to apply, benefits and requirements of the scholarship will be discussed.
Type Of Scholarship
Two main types of scholarships are being awarded by University of Miami to their incoming undergraduate students: Premier scholarships and other merit scholarships
This scholarship stands to be one of the most competitive and prestigious scholarships offered by University of miami. It covers tuition fees, board and room expenses, and living expenses. Sometimes enrichment stipend is provided for travel, research or for any other educational opportunities. The scholarship is open for all students around the world, but some criterias are required of all aspiring undergraduates. Five premier scholarships are offered by University of miami:
- Ronaldo A. Hammond Scholarship: Ronaldo A. Hammond Scholarship is available for students who are United State citizens or are permanent residents and have overcome huge financial challenges. An enrichment fund of $12,000 is received by Hammond scholars to enhance their education and personal development. To be eligible for this scholarship, students are expected to apply for admission to the University of Miami by November 1 under the early decision or early deadline.
- Stamples Scholarship: Students who have shown leadership skills, innovative ability, exceptional academic capability or have contributed in one way or another to the community have a high chance of being among stamples scholarship beneficiaries. An enrichment fund of $12,000 is received by stamples scholars to pursue personal goals and academic excellence. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must apply for admission in the university of miami by November 1 under the early decision or early deadline.
- George W. Jenkins Scholarships: George scholarships are available for students who reside in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama Florida, Georgia. Tennessee, or Virginia and have shown leadership ability, contributed to the development of community, and have shown exceptional academic capability. A semester $1,000 stipend is also received by George scholars to cover incidental expenses. Student must be nominated by their counselor to be eligible for this scholarship and also apply for admission in university of miami by November 1 under the early decision or Early deadline
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship: Singer Scholarship is for students who have passion for philosophy, music, art, literature, and excel in humanitarian and social science. An enrichment fund of $12,000 is also received by singer scholars to support creativity and intellectualism. For eligibility, students are expected to apply for admission to University of miami by November 1 under the early decision or late deadline
- Marta S. and L. Austin weeks endowed scholarship: Weeks scholarship is for students of the United state or who is a permanent resident who have demonstrated amazing academic excellence and leadership skill. An enrichment fund of $12,000 is received by scholars for personal interest and academics. To be eligible for this scholarship, students are expected to apply for admission to the university of miami by November 1 under the early decision or late deadline.
Other Merit Scholarships
This scholarship is based on the overall strength of the student’s academic performance and extracurricular activities. It is more available than premier scholarship and less competitive. Merit scholarships are renewable for every four years and range from $5,000 to $28,000 per year. University of miami also offers another two merit scholarship:
- President’s Scholarship: President’s scholarship is available to students who have demonstrated leadership skill and an amazing academic excellence. It is also for students who have contributed to the development of the community. It ranges up to $28,000 annually. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must apply for admission to the university of miami by November under early decision or early deadline, or January under the early decision.
- Cane’s achievement award: Cane’s scholarship is awarded to students who have shown a great academic track record from high school, and in one way or the other contributed to the community. It ranges to about $16,000 annually. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must apply for admission to the university of miami by November under early decision or early deadline.
Benefits And Requirements of The Scholarships
As a University of Miami scholarship benefactor, you don’t stand a chance of only financial assistance but also have access to networking, mentorship, and community engagement opportunities. Below are some of the benefits:
- Scholarship community: Scholarship benefactors will have access to amazing community scholars of like minds, who share the same passion, interest, and goal. They have access to workshops, seminar that will as well foster intellectual and promote knowledge. The amazing time to interact with alumni, faculty, and donors who have invested in their success
- Enrichment Activities: Scholarship benefactors are advised and encouraged to engage in different enrichment activities that will enhance their knowledge. Enrichment activities such as research, leadership programs, seminars.
- Service and citizenship: Scholarship benefactors are expected to contribute to the development of the the university of miami through service and citizenship. Upholding the dignity and standard of the university should be their watchward
- Academic excellence: Scholarship benefactors are expected to maintain an accumulative GPA of 3.0 at the university of miami and complete a full time undergraduate program with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
University of miami scholarship application process
Applicants are required to follow the below steps to ensure smooth application. Applicants are automatically considered based on their academic background.
- First step: Complete the application and submit to the university of miami portal by the appropriate deadline. Deadlines are: November 1 early decision I and early action, January first for early decision II and regular decision, and May 1 for spring admission.
- Second step: letter of recommendation, official high school transcript, standardized score (optional) and personal essay with your application should be submitted. Ensure to highlight your leadership skill, academic accomplishment, and extracurricular activities.
- Third step: If you are applying for George W. Jenkins scholarship, ask your high school counselor to nominate you by completing the nomination form and submitting it to the university of miami on or before November 1
- Fourth step: If you are among the selected for the premier scholarships, you might be invited for an interview or required to submit another document. The instruction and deadline provided by the university of miami should be followed
- Fifth step: You will receive a scholarship letter if you are awarded a scholarship, the notice will come from the university of miami. You will also be expected to resume at the stipulated date.
Your dream to study in one of the top-notch universities in the world is almost becoming a reality. The University of Miami scholarship will serve as a gateway to achieving your dream. They offer world class education with the fees fully or partially funded. The access to a high level of networking and mentorship can’t be over-emphasised, coupled with the enrichment funds and research opportunities that will be provided. Goodluck on your journey. For more information, visit the official website