University of Dayton 2024 Merit scholarships for Undergraduate Students – If you are seeing this post, it means that you are looking for available international scholarships in USA. well, you just saw the right post for you as we are going to be talking in details about the University of Dayton 2024 Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate students who want to study in USA.
International scholarships in USA enables students to enjoy exposure to the international standards of higher learning and also students will have the opportunity to network and interact with people from other race and backgraounds aside theirs.
It is no news that many universities in USA are ranked among the best universities in the world with various academic programs and majors. Students in these universities are equipped with solid foundation for their future employment and this is because the U.S. education system focuses on research, creativity and critical thinking.
The University of Dayton Merit Scholarships 2024 for undergraduates is an opportunity for international students to study in USA and there are also a lot of merit scholarships in USA which is a platform to expand the number of international students in the country.
The University of Dayton will contribute about $30,000 to the tuition fee each year and so if you are looking for undergraduate scholarships in USA, this is a great option for you to go for.
So without much fuss, let’s get right in…
About Host University
The University of Dayton (UD) is an Ohio-based private Catholic research university. The Society of Mary established the school in 1850 and it is one of the three Marianist universities in the country and it is also the second-largest private university in Ohio.
The University of Dayton campus is located in the city’s southern outskirts and it is made up of about 388 acres on both sides of the Great Miami River. The Immaculate Conception Chapel and the University of Dayton Arena are highlights of the campus.
About 11,347 full-time students from various religious, ethnic and geographical backgrounds enrolled at the university in the fall of 2020 and the school has over 80 academic degrees available including arts and sciences, business administration, education and health sciences, engineering and law.
UD launched one of the first undergraduate human right degree programs in 2009.
Reports from the International Student Barometer saw University of Dayton as one of the best universities in the world and it offers a range of options. Also, the university is ranked among the top 20 institutions when it comes to internship possibilities. English may be easily learnt through the immersion program and this is as a result of the UD’s learning and teaching support.
With over 80 undergraduate programs and over 50 postgraduate and doctoral degrees, UD is seen as both diverse and highly competitive.
University of Dayton 2024 Merit scholarships for Undergraduate Students
The University of Dayton Merit Scholarship offers two terms for international students which include fall term and spring term. Although the fall term application deadline has passed, you can still apply for the spring semester (January to April 2024).
Scholarship Type: Partial Funded
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Host University: University of Dayton (UD)
Country to study: United States
Course to study:
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Education and Health Sciences
Eligible Countries: International Students from around the world
Gender: Men and Women
Scholarship value: Up to $30,000 per year
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
Requirements for University of Dayton 2024 Merit scholarships for Undergraduate Students
For you to be eligible for this merit scholarship in USA, you will have to meet the following criteria although the criteria differ depending on the scholarship program.
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be an incoming fresher who have not previously attended college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a bachelor’s/undergraduate program.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record
- Applicants are expected to provide all the required documents on time.
- After completion of admission application, applicants will be considered for the scholarship.
Required Documents for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
- Application form or the common application
- A personal statement: an essay of 250 words
- A Bank Statement for financial proof
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE/ SAT/ACT)
- Letter of recommendation
- Official Secondary Transcripts
How to Apply for University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
- Students must apply on the University of Dayton’s website and you can do this by clicking on the “apply now” button provided below.
- Choose the “International Undergraduate Admission” option.
- The application is free and you will have to choose between the University of Dayton Application and the Common Application. You will be given a choice to sign up.
- If you do not have a profile, you must create one on the official website.
- The you will choose the area for beginning a new application.
- Fill out the application form with the relevant information.
- Applicants are to submit all required documentation.
- Before submitting the form, you should do well to reread and review your application
- All the essential documentation must be emailed to this address: [email protected]
- If you meet up with the criteria, you will be automatically selected for the scholarship.
Benefits of the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
- The scholarship will pay around $30,000 toward the undergraduate program tuition fee each year.
- A textbook scholarship of $4,000 over four years may be available.
- There is no registration fee for the application
- It is a great opportunity to study at the University of Dayton in USA.
- You get to learn American culture and meet people from different nationalities.
- The academic and educational programs at the University of Dayton helps students in building the skills necessary to thrive in the world today.
- You get to experience the high-quality education system of the United States while being supervised by high-profiled supervisors.
What is the Purpose of the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship?
The main goal of the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship in the United States is to make a difference in the world by creating a livable community. Students are honored by this international scholarship and given the opportunity to study in USA because of their hard work and outstanding academic records.
Official Scholarship Website
To start your application for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship you will have to click on the link we will be sharing below as this is the official scholarship website for this scholarship:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does University of Dayton offer scholarship?
When you apply to the University of Dayton, you will be eligible for the merit scholarship for up to $31,000 each year for up to four years. Full-time transfer students are also eligible for a $16,000 annual scholarship, academic excellence awards and some other benefits.
2. What GPA do I need for University of Dayton scholarship?
It is stated that a 3.0 GPA requirement for UD merit scholarship renewal upon admission to the University of Dayton.
3. What is the acceptance rate for University of Dayton for international students?
Admission to the University of Dayton is open to international students in all its undergraduate and graduate programs and admission into the university is slightly selective with around 81% candidates being accepted.
4. Is University of Dayton good for international Students?
Yes! It is one of the best universities in USA.
5. Can students receive need-based financial aid in addition to a merit scholarship?
Yes. Students may be eligible for both need-based financial aid and merit scholarships. Based on the information supplied on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student assistance), the University of Dayton analyzes a student’s financial need and may award a financial assistance package that includes both need-based help and merit scholarship.
The University of Dayton is a designed to help student have financial peace of mind so that they can plan for a prosperous future.
International students at the university receive international merit scholarship from the university when they enroll.
The University of Dayton Merit Scholarship 2024 has a value of up to $30,000 tuition assistance per year for up to four years and the students are automatically considered for the scholarship once they have gotten admission into the university.
The scholarship is renewable if you meet the academic requirements each year.
Do well to visit the scholarship link above to start your application and be eligible for the University of Dayton 2024 merit scholarship for undergraduate students.
We wish you all the best!!
udayton.edu – Merit Scholarships
udayton.edu – Costs and Scholarships
opportunitiescircle.com – University of Dayton Merit Scholarship in USA 2024
brightscholarship.com – University of Dayton Merit Scholarship 2023-24 in USA
scholarshipair.com – University of Dayton 2023 Merit scholarships for Undergraduate Students
scholarships.link – University of Dayton Merit Scholarships 2023-24