How To Apply For USA Work Visa 2023-If you are seeing this article it means you are you looking into having employment in the USA. If this is correct, then there are details you need to well inform about concerning the USA work visa given here. And also what you will need for you to apply for a USA work visa, how you can apply, things you will need to do to qualify and so on.
The USA work visa is for people who are looking to work in the United States of America. The work visa is mostly a temporary visa for employment and it comes with certain requirement requested from you and also person employing you. Reading this article, you will learn and get all the information about USA work visas, and how to go about applying for a work visa. There are two (2) ways you can relocate to the USA via employment bases.
You could get an employment either as a temporary employee or as a permanent or sponsored employee. As a temporary employee, you will need to apply for a US “non-immigrant visa”. But in the case whereby it is as a sponsored or permanent employee, you will need to apply for an “immigrant visa”.
What Is U.S. Work Visa?
The USA work visa is a type of visa that permits for people to work in the country for certain duration of time. The time at you will be staying in the United States of America for the purpose of working in the country will be stated in your employment contract or your visa application.
These visas do not permit individuals to work in the country permanently. For you to be able to get this visa you will need to ensure that you meet up to the USA visa requirements and make sure that you submit the necessary documents needed for your application.
Types of USA Work Visa
The type of visa solely depends on your purpose of wanting to work in the United States of America and also the kind of job you will be doing there has a major role to play, here is we will be showing you how you will know kind of visa to apply for. Here is a list of visas to apply for to be able to work in the United States of America.
1. Temporary Non-Immigrant Visa
This visa is specifically for individuals who are going to work in the United States of America for a specific period of time like a year, six months etc.
2. Permanent (Immigrant) Visa
These visas are for individuals who with their family can work in the United States of America. This kind of visa demands that the individual applying will need to have the right skills and education to apply and also an existing offer of employment will be needed has the right documents to proof that there are not many workers with required skill set in the country.
3. Students And Exchange Visitors
This particular type of visa only covers students and these are students who go to the United States of America for vocational purposes or vocational programs, for academics and those specifically in educations or mainly for cultural exchange programs.
4. Temporary Visit For Business
These are for individuals with business purposes in mind as this visa allows you gain temporary access to the United States of America to conduct business for example, or attend a business convention, seminar or to negotiate a business contract.
Note: Under these types of visas listed above, there are various categories that meet up to your specific need for a Work visa in the United States of America. These are most of the types of visas you can apply for. With what we have listed, you will be able to select the one that fits or meet up to your job description.
How to Apply For USA Work Visa
Here we will be showing you how to go about you applying for a Visa in the United States. This we will be explaining in two ways for those currently in America for a vacation or a purpose that will have them stay there for a short period of time and also for those who are living outside America but want to apply.
- How to Apply for Visa Work Permit in America
For those that are currently or already living in the USA either for vacation or for something else and wanting to apply for a working permit. You may not be able to be given the permission to work in the United of States of America, so to be able to work you will have to have either an “American Green Card” which also gives you the right or places you on the status to work in the country.
This is because the only way to have a work permit in the USA is to have an immigration status that permits for you to work. So if your immigration status do not permit you working or involve work, your work permit application will not be approved or will be rejected.
- How to Get a Working Permit outside America
For individuals who want to be able to apply for a working visa outside the United States of America, first and foremost, your employer need to have filled in the necessary documents and they get them approved. After that, the next thing for you to do is for you to go the USA embassy in your country. Here are some steps that can guide you in do this:
- Fill out and complete the USA visa application form. This can be easily be done online and a valid passport, one copy of your employment petition, travel itinerary and other required documents. Additional details may be demanded.
- Make schedule and prepare for your interview with a consular officer for the purpose of getting your visa. The wait to get your visa is solely dependent on your country’s embassy. Also you should know that there is a petition-based fee and these fees are non-refundable during this stage, make sure that all your paperwork should be in order
- At this point you will now need to attend your USA visa interview. Here, you will be asked questions like “why you want to go to the United States of America”, “how long do you plan on staying” and some other essential questions.
- Finalize the paperwork that has to do with your visa and the waiting period is for at least 60 days for you to get your visa.
Note: The US embassy in your country will likely have additional procedures, so it is necessary that you ask for them when in the embassy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are The Basic Steps To Apply For a Visa?
- File a Petition with USCIS
- Case Preparation by the National Visa Center
- Visa Interview Scheduling by the National Visa Center (NVC)
- Medical Exam
- The day of the interview
- Visa Approval
- After you receive your visa
2. What Documents Are Required For US Work Visa?
Here are the documents required for US Work Visa:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended travel
- Completed DS-160 application form
- Photos as per the specifications
- Copy of I-129 and I-797 forms
- Educational documents
- Original employment contract
- Curriculum Vitae
- Employment offer letter
3. What are the types of work visa in USA?
Here are the types of work visa in the United States of America:
- Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1
- Employment-Based Immigration: Second Preference EB-2
- Employment-Based Immigration: Third Preference EB-3
- Employment-Based Immigration: Fourth Preference EB-4 (Special Immigrant Juveniles)
- Employment-Based Immigration: Fifth Preference EB-5
USA happens to be one of the best countries in the world. Having also one of the best economies and minimum wage for works is top notch. It is the home for almost everyone having all the factors needed for you to excel in life and also business. With all we have said here in this article we hope to have dish out all the necessary information needed on the USA work visa and have given you the directions you need.
naijschools.com –usa work visa
btwvisas.com –visa guide/us work visa
uy.usembassy.gov –visas immigrant visas steps apply immigrant visa
uscis.gov –working in the united states